Col. John NASH
Extract from "Gen. Francis Nash: An Address by Hon. A. M. Waddell delivered at the unveiling of a Monument to General Nash on July 4, 1906"
John Nash, before coming to America with his brother Thomas, had married Anna Owen, daughter of Sir Hugh Owen of Tenby, and he named his estate in the forks of the Appomattox and Bush rivers, "Templeton Manor," after the town of Templeton, near Tenby. On this estate he lived in the style and with the abounding comforts that characterized the life of a wealthy Virginia planter of that period, and there brought up the four sons, and four daughters who were born to him, all of whom personally, or in their children reflected honor upon his name and their own. Indeed it may be safely asserted that there are few families in the country that produced, in proportion to their numbers, more distinguished men in civil and military life than his.
John married Anna OWEN.