- Born: Cir 1725, Drogheda, Louth, Ireland
- Marriage (1): John GODFREY
- Marriage (2): Nicholas ASHE (of Drogheda)
Extract from "History of Drogheda" by L. C. Johnston (1826)
In St. Peter's Churchyard:
Alderman John Godfrey, married to Mary, daughter of Alderman Michael Smith, deceased, March 1734.
Extract from Burke's "A Genealogical and Heraldic Dictionary of the Landed Gentry of Ireland" (1958)
Nicholas Ashe, of Drogheda, co. Louth, born 1713, married Mary, daughter of Alderman Michael Smith, of Drogheda, and had issue:
1. William (Rev.) born 1747;
2. Isaac (Rev.), Rector of Tamlaght, co. Londonderry, born 1750;
3. Henry (Rev.), born 1757.
Mary married John GODFREY. (John GODFREY died in Mar 1734.)
Mary next married Nicholas ASHE (of Drogheda), son of Lt. Nicholas ASHE (of Lisburn) and Rosamond WELDON. (Nicholas ASHE (of Drogheda) was born in 1713 in Drogheda, Louth, Ireland, died in Feb 1778 in Drogheda, Louth, Ireland and was buried on 22 Feb 1778 in St. Peter's, Drogheda, co. Louth, Ireland.)