- Born: 1836 B.C.
- Marriage (1): Leah
- Marriage (2): Rachel
- Died: 1689 B.C. aged 147
Another name for Jacob was Israel.
Genesis Ch. 25
24. So when her days were fulfilled for her to give birth, indeed there were twins in her womb.
25. And the first came out red. He was like a hairy garment all over; so they called his name Esau.
26. Afterward his brother came out, and his hand took hold of Esau's heel; so his name was called Jacob. Isaac was sixty years old when she bore them.
Genesis Ch. 35
Now the sons of Jacob were twelve:
23. the sons of Leah were Reuben, Jacob's firstborn, and Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, and Zebulun;
24. the sons of Rachel were Joseph and Benjamin;
25. the sons of Bilhah, Rachel's maidservant, were Dan and Naphtali;
26. and the sons of Zilpah, Leah's maidservant, were Gad and Asher. These were the sons of Jacob who were born to him in Padan Aram.
Genesis Ch. 49
29. Then he charged them and said to them: "I am to be gathered to my people; bury me with my fathers in the cave that is in the field of Ephron the Hittite,
30. in the cave that is in the field of Machpelah, which is before Mamre in the land of Canaan, which Abraham bought with the field of Ephron the Hittite as a possession for a burial place.
31. There they buried Abraham and Sarah his wife, there they buried Isaac and Rebekah his wife, and there I buried Leah.
32. The field and the cave that is there were purchased from the sons of Heth."
33. And when Jacob had finished commanding his sons, he drew his feet up into the bed and breathed his last, and was gathered to his people.
Jacob married Leah.
Jacob next married Rachel.